Last night was the RASC star party at the Diefenbunker, and it was a perfect night. I haven’t heard the official counts, but there were about 15 ‘scopes, and over a hundred visitors. At dusk, before fully dark, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars were all visible, and being shown in most of the scopes. As dark came on most people switched to deep-sky objects. The sky was very clear, good transparency, and good seeing. It was also, finally, pleasantly cool, temp around 10°. A great evening. With luck, next weekend we might manage another sidewalk session too.
The Carp Star Party has been cancelled for tomorrow (Friday). Rain date is Saturday.
- Who & What are OAFs: A casual astronomy group.
- How to reach us: OAFs Mailing List.
- What do OAFs do: Observe, Outreach, Conversation.
- When do OAFs do Astronomy Events: Real Soon Now.
- OAFs Observing sites
Watch our twitter feed (see right margin) for the latest.
|Next Dark Sky Public Star Party||Carp Diefenbunker||Saturday, Sept 21, 2019, 7:30 PM|
|Next Sidewalk Solar Observing||Kanata Chapters||TBD|
|Next Sidewalk Astronomy||Kanata Chapters||TBD|
Other OAFs Stuff
- A page of links to other articles such as observing tips, star-party etiquette, questionable humour, etc.