The Carp Star Party has been cancelled for tomorrow (Friday). Rain date is Saturday.
Astronomy is the oldest science and it reveals the most dramatic stories about the fate of the universe all all within it. But that’s no reason not to poke fun at it and astronomers.
The Silly Links
Stuff from all over the web
- Astronomy products we wish we had:
- The Four Observers A parody of a classic Monty Python Sketch.
- The Year was 2010.
- Hotel Mauna Kea Video parody about professional astronomers.
- The language of astronomers:
- You know you’re a <x> when:
- Galaxy Song by Monty Python (got Flash plugin ?)
- Star Chart from Science Made Stupid
From the OAFs email list
- Who & What are OAFs: A casual astronomy group.
- How to reach us: OAFs Mailing List.
- What do OAFs do: Observe, Outreach, Conversation.
- When do OAFs do Astronomy Events: Real Soon Now.
- OAFs Observing sites
|Next Dark Sky Public Star Party||Carp Diefenbunker||TBD|
|Next Sidewalk Solar Observing||Kanata Chapters||TBD|
|Next Dark Sky Public Star Party||Kanata Chapters||TBD|
Other OAFs Stuff
- A page of links to other articles such as observing tips, star-party etiquette, questionable humour, etc.