- Who & What are OAFs: A casual astronomy group.
- How to reach us: OAFs Mailing List.
- What do OAFs do: Observe, Outreach, Conversation.
- When do OAFs do Astronomy Events: Real Soon Now.
- OAFs Observing sites
Public Observing Coming Events
During the COVID-19 pandemic, OAFs has stopped doing public “sidewalk astronomy” events. We miss it, and hope we’re in a position to be able to safely resume, maybe in the summer of 2022.
News: the Ottawa chapter of RASC has resumed its star parties at the Diefenbunker. Check their Star Party list to stay informed (or updates via Twitter, Meetup, or Facebook). Check the RASC web site or Facebook page for the latest information on COVID protocols.
OAFs are strong supporters of RASC and their events, and most of us will be at the RASC star parties with scopes.
Watch our twitter feed (see right margin) for the latest.
|Next Dark Sky Public Star Party||Carp Diefenbunker||Aug 19, 2022|
|Next Sidewalk Solar Observing||Kanata Chapters||TBD|
|Next Sidewalk Astronomy||Kanata Chapters||TBD|
Other OAFs Stuff
- A page of links to other articles such as observing tips, star-party etiquette, questionable humour, etc.